This classic macaroni and cheese variation includes a little spicy kick.
Baked Mac & CheeseThis classic macaroni and cheese variation includes a little spicy kick.Dan Hauk
Red Pepper, crushed
Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Preheat oven to 400F.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Gradually whisk in milk and cook, whisking constantly 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in salt, black pepper, red pepper, 2 cups shredded cheese, and cooked pasta. Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased 2-quart baking dish and top with remaining 1 cup cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.