Easy, tasty southern comfort food.
Beef Tips with Rice and GravyEasy, tasty southern comfort food.Dan Hauk
Sirloin or Round Steak
- Cut beef into 1-inch cubes
- Place medium sauce pot over medium heat and add the butter.
- Add beef and onions, stirring constantly until the meat is lightly brown.
- Add beef broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for about an hour.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and cold water, stirring until it's all liquid.
- Slowly add the cornstarch to the beef and broth, stirring constantly. Cook for a few minutes longer to thicken the gravy. If you need to thicken it more, try just a half bath of the cornstarch and water mixture at a time.
- Prepare the rice by boiling 4 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of butter to 2 cups of rice. Once boiling, reduce heat and let it simmer until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Serve the beef tips and gravy over the rice.